Chrysler Group says union members at its Belvidere, IL, small-car plant have ratified a 3-year agreement with the auto maker that could bring up to 1,000 new jobs to the plant. Nearly 91% of members at United Auto Workers Local 1268 authorized the contract after a previous vote where the pact failed. The contract prevents Chrysler from laying off any of the current 1,750 person workforce. Chrysler also gains the ability to add more models to the factory, which currently builds the Dodge ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler, UAW Reach Pact at Illinois Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.