About 1 million Chrysler Group vehicles are being investigated for possible seatbelt defects. The U.S. National Highway Traffic and Safety Admin. is looking into complaints from owners of ’95-’03 Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth models about loosening seatbelts, says Reuters. Included in the preliminary investigation are special belts that tighten around child seats. Chrysler has received 17 complaints that the belts loosened while in use because the cinching latch plate had broken. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Under Investigation Over Seatbelts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.