Chrysler LLC does not expect the sagging economy will short-circuit the September showroom arrival of the redesigned-for-’09 Dodge Ram pickup. “We actually think the timing might be perfect,” says Steve Landry, executive vice president-North American sales. “There may be some pent-up demand.” Landry draws this conclusion, in part, because consumers are not buying the outgoing model now. Compared with April 2007, last month’s Ram sales declined 30.5%, according to Ward’s data, which is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Unfazed by Low Ram Demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.