Expect Chrysler Group to emerge from this week’s restructuring announcement looking like an auto maker with better product balance and a manufacturing model that quickly responds to changing market conditions. A key outcome of the long-awaited turnaround plan dubbed “Project X,” will see the auto maker’s product mix skew more toward cars than trucks. This would reverse an “extreme” gap between the two vehicle segments as truck sales suffer from headwinds caused by volatile gasoline prices, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler's 'Project X' Expected to Target Truck Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.