Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. now says it is delaying indefinitely the start of construction of its proposed vehicle-assembly plant in Nosovice, Czech Republic, because Chairman Chung Mong-koo is unable to give his approval and guidance to the project. Chung was indicted on charges of embezzlement and breach of trust in Seoul today, May 16, and remains incarcerated, as he has been since April 28. A spokesman for the Supreme Public Prosecutor’s Office issued a terse announcement that Chung has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chung Indicted; Czech Plant on Hold, Kia Georgia Timing Questioned" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.