Hyundai Automotive Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo made a rare appearance Wednesday at a groundbreaking ceremony in Nosovice, Czech Republic, signifying the start of construction of a new €1.1 billion ($1.5 billion) Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. plant. Chung also officiated over a belated “grand opening” ceremony for a new Kia Motors Corp. plant in neighboring Zilina, Slovakia. The €1 billion ($1.4 billion) greenfield facility has been in production since December. The group chairman continues ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chung Officiates Hyundai, Kia Plant Ceremonies in Eastern Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.