MUMBAI – This month’s launch of the gasoline-electric Civic Hybrid, imported from Japan by Honda Siel Cars India Ltd., marks the beginning of the hybrid era that could see development of more affordable, locally produced models here. Despite its clean and efficient powertrain, the completely built-up Civic Hybrid gets no break from the Indian government when it comes to import duties, limiting its appeal to wealthier buyers. The model attracts a 104% tariff, pushing its price to Rs2.15 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Civic Marks Beginning of Hybrid Push in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.