Keeping pace with the torrid light vehicle market in the U.S. is the big truck sector, which turned in another stellar month in August. Combined sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks rose 22.4% on like-1998, as deliveries hit 43,991 units for the month. Driving the gain was the Class 8 sector, which saw sales jump to 21,938 units in August, up 26.2% from year-ago's 17,385 on a daily rate basis. Only Navistar International Transportation Corp. failed to generate a double-digit gain for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Class 8s Drive Big Truck Market to 22.4% Sales Gain in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.