Nueces County, TX, officials file a class action lawsuit against Ford Motor Co. due to safety concerns over Ford’s Crown Victoria Police Interceptor cruiser. At issue is the location of the fuel tank near the vehicle’s rear axle or suspension system. So far, 11 police officers in the U.S. have been killed and seven seriously injured in crashes where the vehicle’s gas tanks exploded following rear-end crashes. The suit requests Ford make changes to 25,000 Crown Victoria police cruisers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Class Action Suit Filed Against Ford Over Police Cruiser Safety" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.