SANTA BARBARA, CA – Mercedes-Benz of North America says it will classify the North American versions of its next-generation A-Class and the Smart Forfour as light trucks. Next generation A-Class will be a light truck in U.S. The A-Class slated for launch in the North American market in 2005 will be based on the A-Class platform used in Europe, although the body and interior will be tailored specifically for this market. Codenamed CST, it is expected to be a styling sibling to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"A-Class, Smart to Be Classified Light Trucks in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.