The city of Cleveland has filed a class-action lawsuit against Ford Motor Co. for alleged defects with its Crown Victoria police cruisers. City representatives claim the vehicle is unsafe and prone to gas tank fires and explosions in rear-end collisions. The suit lists seven instances of fuel tank fires in the vehicles in 2000 and 2001 in which passengers were either injured or killed. Ford is facing similar lawsuits around the country and says it is studying the issue, and possibly may ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cleveland Sues Ford Over Police Cruisers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.