A consultant's report on product failure linked to 148 traffic deaths and the recall of 6.5 million Firestone tires is expected this week. Seeking independent analysis of a tread separation trend, Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. called in Dr. Sanjay Govindjee, who teaches advanced materials mechanics at the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Govindjee has, since September, been reviewing data from Bridgestone and Ford Motor Co. to shed light on what caused tread separation on some tire ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Closing in On Tire Tread Separation Cause" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642