Advanced Elastomer Systems says it will begin offering automakers colorable interior molded components — cupholders, door grips, dashboard knobs and other parts — made from its patented Santoprene rubber plastic hybrid by year's end. While the disclosure may seem minor, interior appearance and continuity is becoming increasingly important to automakers. Take for example the mixed reviews to the wild interior of the Toyota Echo, an effort by the automaker to appeal to its dwindling youth ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Colorable Interior Components Coming" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.