Light truck buyers continue to opt more and more for comfort and convenience items, a Ward's survey of factory installed equipment shows. Gaining penetration are such features as automatic temperature controls, power seats, keyless entry, anti-theft devices and compact disc players, according to the final tally of equipment installation rates for the '99 model year (see insert). Also continuing is the shift to 4-wheel antilock brakes, from rear-only systems. Penetration of rear ABS fell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Comfort Items Continue to Gain in Trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.