Ford Motor Co. in 1999 is taking a commanding sales lead in the compact pickup segment, originally a niche sector popularized by Asian automakers two decades ago that now is one of the most important markets in the industry. Calendar year sales of Ford's Ranger are up 30.1% through June vs. year-ago (216,076 vs. 166,090), while deliveries of top competitor General Motors Corp.'s Chevrolet S-10 are down 9.1% (124,445 vs. 136,930). Sales are up for GMC's Sonoma (3.6%), DaimlerChrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Compact Pickups Gain Stature" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.