Alcan Inc. is a hybrid: a merger of two aluminum giants, Alcan Inc. and Alusuisse Group Ltd., and their two distinct technologies for using the lightweight metal in the automotive industry. Prior to the October 2000 merger that made Alcan Inc. the second-largest aluminum supplier in the world with $12.5 billion in revenue and 53,000 employees in 41 countries, the two suppliers were competitors. Alcan entered the marriage as a leader in unibody aluminum sheet, showcased in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Competitive Aluminum Technologies Now Complementary" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.