Component failures ranging from a dislodged cable to a faulty sensor rank No.1 among the most common causes for 2007’s light-vehicle calls, according to a Ward’s analysis. Of the 588 safety recall campaigns initiated last year by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. – actions that affected about 14.5 million total vehicles including medium- and heavy-duty trucks, buses, niche vehicles, motorcycles and trailers – 112 had implications for 9.7 million light vehicles. An analysis of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Component Failures Top 2007 Recall Campaigns" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.