A bill introduced in the House of Representatives July 22, designed to offer tax relief to buyers opting for certain advanced safety technology, is receiving support from so-called intelligent vehicle technology makers. Illinois Congressman Phil Crane and Michigan Congressmen Sandy Levin and Mike Rogers are sponsoring the “Intelligent Vehicle Highway Safety Act of 2004.” Lane-departure warning-system by Iteris Inc. and Valeo SA. The bill calls for a taxpayer deduction of up to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Congress Considers Safety Technology Incentive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.