A France/Luxembourg consortium says it has developed a rechargeable battery that retains its zinc while discharging, giving it a lifespan twice that of normal batteries. The battery also is said to deliver a twofold improvement in the power-to-weight ratio. The consortium plans to target sales to the European car and hybrid electric vehicle markets.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Consortium Develops Battery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.