TIANJIN — Construction begins in Tianjin on a new plant that will house Toyota Motor Corp.'s small-car joint venture here (see FOCUS ON CHINA — July '00, p.3). The move follows China's approval of a plan for Toyota to build 1.3L passenger cars through a JV with Tianjin Automobile Xiali Corp., named Tianjin Toyota Motor Co. Ltd. The 50-50 venture will begin building Toyota-badged vehicles at the plant in 2002. The carmaker plans to build 30,000 vehicles annually of a small car based on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Construction begins on Tianjin plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.