Consumer confidence will play a key role in shaping the U.S. economy for the remainder 1999, says G. Mustafa Mohatarem, chief economist for General Motors Corp. While analysts continue to forecast a slowdown in the U.S. economy, Mr. Mohatarem chooses to take an optimistic view. “The slowdown in the U.S. will be less sharp than the consensus,” Mr. Mohatarem predicts, citing a remarkable performance over the last six to seven years. Considering the expansion in the U.S., the growth in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Consumer Confidence Shapes '99 Economy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.