Mercedes-Benz announces onboard diagnostics (ODB-II) fault information will be a part of the new GPS-based TeleAid system now available on all 2000-model Mercedes vehicles. The added link for OBD-II fault information will be available in about a year, on a par with the General Motors Corp. OnStar system, which can provide motorists with a method to learn what is wrong with their vehicle, rather than presenting only a red fault light. TeleAid costs $200 per year. WEVTU sought dealer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Consumer-friendly OBD advances" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.