Ed Fitzpatrick is one of the most successful African-American car dealers on the West Coast and this year's elected chairman of the 1,400-member California Motor Car Dealers Assn. His father started working at an Elyria, OH, dealership as a janitor in 1948. Within a few years, he was a parts counterman, and then parts manager, “at a time when it was unusual for a black man to have a dealership job other than as a janitor,” says his son. Ed Fitzpatrick Fitzpatrick graduated from Ohio ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Consumers Happy With Car-Buying Experience" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.