Ford Motor Co.’s ability to go it alone in the face of a global auto industry meltdown is winning hearts and minds, the auto maker’s top executive claims. “The consumers are much more aware of Ford,” Alan Mulally says. “They’re moving to consider Ford, and buy Ford.” While product appeal is a key contributor to its market momentum, so is consumer confidence the auto maker has generated by spurning the kinds of taxpayer-funded loans Ford’s cross-town competitors General Motors Co. and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Consumers Warming to Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.