TRAISKIRCHEN, Austria -- Continental AG plans to close its Austrian tire plant, Semperit Reifen GmbH., here next July, with 1,000 employees expected to lose their jobs. While tire production will stop, some small production activities will continue at the plant for another year or so, at the end of which 300 more jobs will be lost. The closure is part of an ongoing review of Continental’s regional production facilities. A further plant closure could be decided in coming months. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Continental to Close Austrian Tire Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.