Domestic car buyers continue to opt for option-packed vehicles, including those equipped with power windows/locks, sunroofs and compact disc players, a Ward's survey of equipment trends shows. The results, based on the first six months of '99 model production, also reveal that safety devices such as antilock brakes and side air bags continue to gain (see insert for complete details). Some of the ABS installation increase can be traced to the slight rise in traction control penetration, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Convenience Items Grow; Economy Cars Getting More Equipment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642