1952 EX-122 concept show car hand-built. Becomes forerunner of Corvette. 1953 In its first year, 1953, a mere 300 Corvettes were built, all Polo White. Corvette unveiled in New York. Fiberglass chosen for production, which starts in Flint, MI, on June 30. First-year build: 300, all Polo White. Designer Zora Arkus-Duntov joins GM, becomes Corvette chief engineer in 1968. Production moves to St. Louis in December. 1954 3,400 built. Blue, red and black colors added. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Corvette 1952-2004: A History of Materials Innovation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.