Former Chrysler Corp. manufacturing chief Dennis K. Pawley always said that a good operating system would survive the loss of any one person. With Mr. Pawley's retirement to consultant work and Gary L. Henson's ascension to the top manufacturing job for DaimlerChrysler Corp., the Chrysler Operating System (COS) Mr. Pawley fathered will be put to that test. “The process is so big that if Denny had walked away and I said ‘I don't think so,’ it wouldn't fly. I'd have a revolt on my hands,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"COS Will Survive Under DaimlerChrysler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.