A plug-in hybrid-electric vehicle under development by Indiana-based Bright Automotive Inc. could wear a badge from partner General Motors Co.’s brand portfolio. Dubbed IDEA, the commercial van is expected to launch in 2013 or 2014 with a GM-sourced 4-cyl. engine and transmission driving its front wheels, and an electric motor powering its rear wheels. As with branding and badging, the precise engine-transmission combination is undetermined, the partners say. Bright announces today that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Could Bright PHEV Wear Chevy Bowtie?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.