Pilot production of the Volkswagen-brand minivan is expected to begin in Canada as early as next month, with full production scheduled to start between April and June 2008, Ward’s learns. The VW will be built at Chrysler Group’s assembly plant in Windsor, ON – home to the Chrysler Town & Country and the Dodge Grand Caravan. The Chrysler minivans, re-engineered for ’08, will share underpinnings with the VW model by virtue of a 2006 agreement between the two auto makers. The decision ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Countdown to VW Minivan Launch Begins" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.