"I don’t know how Richard Nixon could have won. I don’t know anybody who voted for him.” That’s what legendary New York film critic Pauline Kael reportedly said when Richard Nixon won the 1972 presidential election in one of the biggest landslides in history. Journalist and media critic Bernard Goldberg likes to use the quote to illustrate just how insular the media can be. It rang in my ears when I looked at the sales numbers for the new BMW 7-Series while researching my review of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Critics, Eat Crow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.