Cross Lander USA thinks the U.S. SUV market is ready for a little Eastern European flavor. The Miami-based importer signed a contract last year with Romania’s ARO SA (Auto Romania) allowing it to build U.S.-bound 4-wheel-drive SUVs, based on an aged military vehicle design, at its Campulung, Romania, plant. The plan, announced last year, is to sell the vehicles at a rate of up to 6,000 units annually in the U.S. under the “Cross Lander 244X” nametag at as many as 150 U.S. dealers. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cross Lander Hits EPA Road Block" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.