A Miami-based startup’s plan to enter the SUV market this year appears to be in dire straights. Cross Lander USA, which earlier in the decade launched a venture with the intention of importing Romanian-built ARO SA SUVs (dubbed 244X) into the U.S., currently is trying to extinguish a dispute at its Campulung, Romania, assembly plant. Fewer than 1,000 units have been built there over the past two years, according to reports, and now a domestic legal battle is threatening the plant’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cross Lander Idea Inches Toward Grave" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.