DaimlerChrysler Corp. finally confirms what has been expected for more than a year — it will build a Neon-derived sport/utility vehicle (SUV) in Mexico for sale in the '01 model year. The sporty PT (personal transportation) Cruiser, which borrows heavily from the Pronto Cruizer concept in Geneva and the lines of 1940s hot rods, is a descendent of the Plymouth Pronto concept the automaker showed in Detroit three years ago. The flashy little SUV, which will be classified as a truck for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cruiser to Strike in '01 with Sub-$20,000 Tab" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.