Cummins Engine Co., Inc. will provide the diesel engine and soot filter for a hybrid electric drive system for 125 Orion VII buses, manufactured by Orion Bus Industries and Lockheed Martin Control Systems. The engine, a modified Cummins ISB-275 with a catalyzed soot filter, will power the buses. The combination of these technologies will both increase fuel economy and reduce bus emissions to a level below 15 grams NOx (oxides of nitrogen) per mile and .06 grams of particulate matter per ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cummins to power hybrid buses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.