PARIS — DaimlerChrysler AG to date has some 40 orders in France and the U.K. for expensive cars that won't reach the market until 2002 or 2003. The company in March started accepting £50,000 (US$81,000) deposits for the Maybach, a Rolls-Royce competitor, and the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, a 319 km/h (198-mph) supercar. About 20 customers had signed up for the cars in the U.K. by the end of April and a similar number have come forward in France. DC wouldn't say how many orders were placed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Customers line up for DC supercars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.