Cross/utility vehicles exploded for a 1.67 million-unit year in 2003, according to Ward’s data. That was a 66% hike over 2001 and a whopping 208% jump from 2000. One of every dozen vehicles now sold is a CUV. Volkswagen Touareg CUV So even those not connected to the auto industry would have difficulty not to notice the landslide of new CUVs on the road. Much of the popularity comes from the perception CUVs deliver the all-wheel-drive (AWD) traction and cargo-hauling ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CUV Weight Savings Hard to Find" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.