NASHVILLE – Nissan North America Inc. initially will sell its new Versa hatchback with three transmission choices: a 6-speed manual, 4-speed automatic and a continuously variable transmission. But ultimately the 4-speed automatic will go away and the CVT will emerge as the vehicle’s volume-seller, says Orth Hedrick, senior manager-product planning. Hedrick says the 4-speed represents a near-term solution to filling a void until CVT-supplier JATCO Ltd. ramps up enough capacity to supply ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CVT to Be Volume Transmission for Versa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642