SEOUL — Daewoo Group may be nearing the finalization of its debt-workout plan — the latest version of which calls for a spin-off of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. The beleaguered South Korean chaebol has been in talks with domestic and foreign creditors ever since coming dangerously close to bankruptcy earlier this year. Though it is widely acknowledged that some divisions of the group may end up in receivership, it still appears the group's main automotive arm, Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., will go on. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo anguishes over revolving restructuring plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.