Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Co. Ltd. will begin truck production in China next year with Boatou North-Benz Heavy-Duty Truck Co. of China. According to the preliminary agreement, the two will begin building 2,000 trucks next year at an existing facility and raise production to 50,000 units annually in 10 years’ time. Daewoo Commercial says it will sign a technology assistance agreement with Boatou at year-end and set up a joint venture in early 2003. Boatou previously had produced trucks in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo Commercial to Begin China Production in 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.