VIENNA – Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. cars are being assembled at the Daewoo Motor Egypt S.A.E. (DME) plant in Cairo this week for the first time. The Egyptian plant, which once built the Daewoo Lanos and Nubira cars in cooperation with the former Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., now assembles the Chery A5 sedan, a new model launched in China in late 2005. The Chery A5 is available with two engines – the A516 model is powered by a 1.6L, while the A520 sports a 2.0L. The Chery A5 also is known under ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo Egypt Begins Assembly of Chery A5 Sedan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.