MUMBAI – A bitter end to a battle to save Daewoo Motor India Ltd. now is in sight. And everyone connected with the Indian subsidiary will write off their losses as a result. A decision to split up and sell Daewoo India comes as a result of a law passed by the Indian parliament in late November, allowing lending institutions and bankers to seize and sell the assets of defaulting borrowers (see related story: Daewoo India Sinks in Financial Morass). The Mumbai Debt Recovery Tribunal has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo India to be Sold Piecemeal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.