MUMBAI – At the insistence of financial lending institutions here, a court receiver has been appointed to take over the assets of Daewoo Motors India Ltd. Daewoo is appealing the order, but the creditors say they are looking to protect their $185 million investment until a strategic partner can be found. Daewoo Matiz Daewoo was left out of a deal agreed upon in April in which General Motors Corp. will take over selected assets of South Korea’s insolvent Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo India Forced into Receivership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.