CHENNAI — Daewoo Motor India Ltd. is spinning off its loss-making engine and transmission plant into a separate company that later could be converted into a joint venture with a strategic partner or sold off. A Daewoo official says the facility currently is working at a mere 7% of its 150,000-unit capacity. The plant was established to supply engines and transmissions to its parent company in Korea, which last year was declared insolvent. Daewoo placed third in sales here last year, at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo India to spin off troubled engine plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.