SEOUL — General Motors Corp. signs a non-binding memorandum of understanding Sept. 21 under which GM and certain of its alliance partners will acquire a large chunk of bankrupt Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.’s assets, culminating years of negotiations. The new company to be formed is expected to have annual revenues of about US$5 billion, and will enable GM to achieve its strategic objectives of gaining access to the Korean market and a strong portfolio of highly cost-competitive vehicle platforms, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo ownership to be shared by GM affiliates" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.