SEOUL — Daewoo Group's huge global headquarters building stands in stark contrast to the century-old Seoul Station, located across the street. The modern glass office structure, thought to be the largest such facility in Korea, is in many ways a modern incarnation of General Motors Corp.'s old headquarters on West Grand Blvd. in Detroit. Indeed, GM execs who worked there would feel right at home in the Daewoo structure — and well may. Although GM's undisclosed offer to purchase Daewoo's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo prepares as bidding battle approaches" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.