aimler AG and Beiqi Foton Motor Co. Ltd. plan a commercial-vehicle joint venture in China to tap into the demand generated by the countryâs trade growth, which saw truck sales rise 19.3% in first-half 2008. The government-owned Shanghai Daily newspaper quotes an unnamed Foton official as saying the Beijing-based venture will make Mercedes-Benz trucks and engines and Foton vehicles. He says the pact will be signed in time for the Aug. 8 opening of the Beijing Olympics. The newspaper ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler, Chinaâs Foton to JV on CVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.