DaimlerChrysler AG’s $35 million outlay for a new Dodge van production site in South Carolina represents the first of three possible phases of investment totaling neary $400 million, according to state officials. The initial investment will, in early 2007, see assembly of the next-generation Dodge Sprinter move 210 miles (336 km) southeast from Gaffney, SC, to Ladson, just outside of Charleston. The new location – currently home to a plant that builds American La France fire trucks – is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler Banks on Sprinter in Van Market Race" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.