DaimlerChrysler Corp. is preparing all-new, large-displacement V-8 engines for its light truck and sport/utility vehicle (SUV) product lines that will not rely on existing V-8 engine designs, says one highly placed DCC source. Although supplier information had suggested that DC might derive the upcoming 5.7L and 6.1L truck V-8s from the existing Toluca-built 5.2L/5.9L OHV V-8s used in the Ram pickup, Durango SUV and other applications, the DC source says, “We do not have any (new engine) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler big truck V-8s to be new design" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.