STUTTGART — DaimlerChrysler AG will get small cars and an increased presence in Asia in one package thanks to a deal with Mitsubishi Motors Corp. The German automaker agreed to acquire a 34% equity stake in Mitsubishi for E2.1 billion (US$2.2 billion) or ¥450 (US$4.24) per share. The final contracts will be signed within the next few months, DC officials say. The alliance, according to a signed letter of intent, will encompass the design, development, production and distribution of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler buys controlling stake in Mitsubishi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.